Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit
Portability is the number one thing that the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit focuses on, giving the user the ability to bring their kit with them absolutely everywhere easily. It is also cordless, which makes it substantially more comfortable to use in smaller areas where you’ll need to gently navigate the soldering torch from one place to another.Aside from being incredibly easy to carry around, it also packs a powerful punch when compared to other soldering irons on the market. With a maximum temperature of 950°F, you can guarantee that you’ll be sufficiently prepared to work with a wide variety of different metals and alloys.
Who Is this Product For?
The first thing you’re sure to notice about this soldering iron is that it’s designed to be as easy to use as possible, which is phenomenal for first-timer soldering iron users. With that being said, it has enough wattage to be used for more professional projects as well, which helps to make it a very versatile tool in terms of the projects you can use it for.If you’re the type of handyperson who has the tendency to lose pieces and parts over the years, you’re going to appreciate the compact carrying case with plenty of designated places for all of the smaller parts and accessories that come with the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit. This means less time spent at the hardware store trying to find replacement pieces that are compatible with the soldering iron as well as less money spent on replacement parts.You’ll easily be able to use this soldering iron to repair parts on an automobile, to solder delicate lines on circuit boards, and to even splice cables together.
There are plenty of great accessories and parts included with the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit such as:
- Rosin solder: Each order comes with a single roll of rosin solder, helping make the device ready to use right out of the box.
- Four tips: You’ll also receive four different tips in the kit including a hot knife, hot point, heat shrink shield, and a soldering tip.
- Wrenches: In the event that you need to adjust the soldering iron or replace tips, you’ll have two adjustment wrenches.
- Sponge with tray: To maximize the efficiency of the soldering tips and to keep them in pristine condition with regular use, you’ll appreciate the sponge and tray for easy cleaning.
- Carrying case: Constructed out of tough and durable material, the hard carrying case is essential not only for storing all of the delicate parts of your soldering iron, but to also safely bring it from one job site to another.
Overview of Features
The Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit offers plenty of features that make it one of the best soldering irons on the market, and they include:
- Butane powered: To give you more power while soldering, this unit is entirely powered by butane.
- Electronic ignition: In comparison to using a separate ignition tool, there is a single ignition switch that you can flip on to power up the unit. There’s also the ability to lock the ignition to where you don’t have to hold the trigger down for longer projects.
- Two-hour use: With a single butane refill, the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit offers two hours of continuous soldering.
How to Use It?
What We Like
- Heats to maximum temperature in 20 seconds
- Easily exchangeable tips
- No hassle with leaks
What We Don’t Like
- Copper wire sponges will discolor the tips
- Does not come with a stand
The Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit is a useful tool for anyone who has been on the hunt for a very powerful soldering iron for more serious industrial projects. It truly is an all-inclusive kit that comes with everything that you would expect from a soldering iron, which helps to make it easier for first-time users.
Not to mention it also comes equipped with plenty of instructions for safe operation and its retro design is very appealing.
As a relatively popular industry, there are plenty of portable soldering kits on the market that have almost the same features as the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit, though none will have as immersive instructions as this kit offers. With that being said, a strong competitor is surely the Weller P2C Butane Soldering Iron simply because it has plenty of safety features that are recommended for first-time soldering iron users.The Weller P2C Butane Soldering Iron is SD safe, which helps to protect all of its sensitive components from melting and damage as a result of using high levels of heat. Another interesting feature of this soldering iron is that it offers a quick heating option, which helps melt solder in less than 40 seconds, giving you the ability to zip through projects faster than with other irons.Unfortunately, it doesn’t have as many accessories as the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit such as different soldering tips, a cleaning sponge, or a carrying case.
If you’re looking for a tool that can be used for both personal DIY projects and more professional tasks, the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit is a great model to choose. It has plenty of features that you’ll be able to take advantage of, and it has a user-friendly design with plenty of instructions to guide you through your very first solder. As a soldering iron that can work on anything from intricate circuitry to automobiles, the options are relatively endless with this well-rounded tool.