Are you interested in being able to do small welding and soldering around your home or in your vehicle? Perhaps you’re looking for a portable soldering iron that you can use for industrial projects, or you’re simply interested in learning how to use one.Finding the best butane soldering iron is ideal, especially for people who need a high-heat device for regular DIY or professional tasks. Below are five great models to take into consideration, each with their own pros and cons to consider.
POWER PROBE Butane Soldering Kit (PPSK) [Automotive Diagnostic Car Test Tool, Easy Start Electronic Ignition, Adjustable Flame, with Multiple Tips, Black
Butane Soldering Iron Torch, a Multipurpose Solder Station Kit with Welding and Hot Knife Tool Accessories – Set has 7 tips and is Self-Igniting with Adjustable Flame, Great Woodworking or DIY Gift
Best Butane Soldering Iron Reviews
1. Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron
The Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron is a very versatile tool if you’re looking for a soldering iron that comes with plenty of accessories for various at-home DIY jobs or professional jobs. In comparison to other portable soldering irons on the market, it’s easy to see how the Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron could be a top contender in terms of convenience and ease of use.
A few of the best features you’ll use to your advantage with the Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron include:
- 14-piece kit: With 14 different pieces that come with the iron itself, you’ll never run out of pieces to help you accomplish a variety of things ranging from plumbing to jewelry making. Including the six different tips, you’ll also receive a protective cap, solder, a cleaning sponge, tins, and two wrenches.
- Variable temperature control: Depending on the type of material you’re working on, you’re going to need to adjust your soldering iron to the ideal temperature, which is easy to do with the variable temperature control.
- Flame lock: For added convenience when working on longer projects, you’ll love the flame lock that allows you to keep the flame consistent without having to hold down the trigger.
What We Like
- Accurate and precise
- Long lasting gas supply
- High-quality aluminum carrying case
- Heats up very quickly
What We Don’t Like
- The safety lock is too easy to accidentally engage.
- Fill valve may leak over time
2. Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit
In terms of the best butane-powered soldering iron, the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit is a strong competitor against the Dremel model, especially since it gives you the power you need to work on an array of projects ranging from automobiles to stained glasses. It also comes with plenty of accessories to help give you the versatility you’ve been looking for.
Three of the most astounding key features of the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit includes:
- Customizable heat output: For people who need to adjust the temperature of their soldering iron, the customizable heat output allows you to work on various materials with different melting points.
- Electronic ignition: There’s no need to worry about external igniters as this soldering iron easily ignites by pressing a single button.
- High temperatures: On average, the Power Probe Butane Soldering Kit can reach up to 2500°F when using the torch and 950°F while soldering.
What We Like
- Heats to maximum temperature in 20 seconds
- Easily exchangeable tips
- No hassle with leaks
What We Don’t Like
- Copper wire sponges will discolor the tips
- Does not come with a stand
3. EAGems Butane Soldering Iron Torch
When you first unbox the EAGems Butane Soldering Iron Torch, you’ll notice how sleek the soldering iron is and how comfortable it is to hold in your hands. Aside from its seemingly ergonomic design, it’s also a multipurpose tool that not only helps you to solder, but also weld, and has a torch at your disposal.
A couple of the key features of the EAGems Butane Soldering Iron Torch include:
- Portable: Since this unit requires butane as its power source, you won’t have to worry about connecting it to any power outlets which makes it a great portable device for everyday use.
- Adjustable temperature: Similar to the other soldering irons on this list, the EAGems Butane Soldering Iron Torch has an adjustable temperature feature that helps you to set the iron anywhere from 410°F to 850°F.
- Six tips: To add to the versatility of the iron, you’ll have access to six different tips including a hot air tip, soldering tip, shaping knife, bevel tip, chisel tip, deflector, and a long and thin rounded tip.
- Child lock: In an effort to make the torch even safer to use in a house with children, the child lock or safety lock can easily be engaged after use to disable the unit until the lock is turned off.
- Buttons: If there was one thing that we wish was included with this soldering iron, it would be buttons that are easier to use and understand. You’ll need to read through the instructions to determine how to shut the iron off properly.
What We Like
- Heats up within 30 seconds
- Great for small jobs
What We Don’t Like
- Only 30 minutes of continuous use
- Controls are difficult to use
- Leaks butane once filled
4. Weller P2KC Professional Soldering Iron
As a self-igniting butane tool, the Weller P2KC Professional Soldering Iron is a convenient item to have in your toolbox no matter if you’re working on more delicate projects such as automobile cabling, or if you’re creating a gas-tight or liquid-tight seal. With great safety ratings, this device is surely a top-tier soldering iron to have in your kit.
A few of the key features of the Weller P2KC Professional Soldering Iron include:
- ESD safe: In order to preserve the integrity of the soldering iron’s delicate components due to its high heat, this product is completely ESD safe for long-term use.
- Piezo ignition: Instead of trying to work with a difficult igniting system, you’ll appreciate the easy-to-use Piezo ignition that works with a single push of a button.
- Quick refills: When you have to refill the unit in between each solder, it should only take approximately 20 seconds, allowing you to get back to your task as quickly as possible.
- Ignition when cooled: One main issue that you may have with the Weller P2KC Professional Soldering Iron is that it takes a couple of ignition clicks in order for the butane to catch up if you’re heating the iron up from a cooled state.
What We Like
- Comes with adjustable stand
- Heats up or cools down quickly
- Heat-resistant protective cap
What We Don’t Like
- Poorly written instructions
- Difficult to ignite when cool
5. Pomya Butane Soldering Iron
The Pomya Butane Soldering Iron is a convenient soldering iron to use; however, it does not offer as many accessories as the other soldering irons on the market, but it is available at half the price. Ideal for the everyday handyperson who already has all of the tips and cleaning sponges they need for soldering projects, this is a great and inexpensive unit for you.
Some of the best features of the Pomya Butane Soldering Iron include:
- High texture metal body: If you love tools that feel high-quality and heavy in your hands, the high texture metal body gives off a professional look and feel to the soldering iron while still being lightweight enough to carry around.
- High capacity: To help make the most out of your soldering projects, you can fill the Bleiou Butane Soldering Iron with up to 12 milliliters of butane at a time.
- High temperatures: You’ll surely be able to take advantage of high temperatures with this soldering iron as it reaches a maximum of approximately 2300°F for torch use and 840°F for soldering.
- No accessories: The main issue with the Bleiou Butane Soldering Iron is that it doesn’t come with any accessories. To make this a well-rounded soldering station, you’re going to need to buy tips and cleaning equipment on your own, as well as a carrying case.
What We Like
- Useful as a backup soldering iron
- Relatively easy to use
What We Don’t Like
- Does not self-ignite
- Consistently leaks
- Temperature poorly controlled
Butane Soldering Iron Buyer’s Guide
A butane soldering iron is a useful handheld tool designed with a metal tip. It is developed to reach extreme temperatures of 2500 degrees Fahrenheit. High quality and reliable soldering iron allow you to adjust the temperature to best suit your requirements or needs.
Aside from the adjustable temperature, there are other factors to consider when purchasing the best butane soldering iron in the market.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What’s the biggest component of a soldering iron? Probably, it’s the wattage capacity. Today’s options have a wattage capacity of 20 or 60 watts for electronics repairs of all sizes.
Which is the right choice? A butane soldering iron with a 50 watt-capacity has got you covered. Whether your project consists of electronic circuit boards or other small electrical work, this wattage should be on top of your list.
A butane soldering iron with a higher wattage guarantees heavy industrial application. That’s not all! It has a better soldering tip with effective heat retention.
Shape and Size of the Tips
The tips of soldering iron come with different sizes and shapes. So, it’s quite overwhelming to narrow down all available options. Worry no more! Look for smaller tips. Eliminate larger brands as they can’t get into tighter spaces and can’t handle delicate jobs.
Welding can be a tedious task, and a portable butane soldering tool can make a huge difference. Instead of a bulky tool, the light and compact shape should not be overlooked. A light-weight kit can also complete your flexible storing facility.
The cordless butane soldering iron has been a go-to option for skilled professionals because of its convenience of usage and portability.
Over the years, you probably have been using a butane soldering iron with a cord. How’s the experience? Let’s admit it! The tool restricts a seamless job. So, experts recommend a cordless device. How does it work? It operates on gas, giving optimal flexibility and huge savings over time.
It’s tempting to purchase the cheapest butane soldering iron. Don’t be tempted! Most commonly, branded products are safer and of higher quality. They are durable and impact-resistant, increasing their longevity. Yes, they entail extra costs at first. But you can avoid unnecessary and repetitive replacement in the long run. They can guarantee comfortable temperature control, reliable tips, functional performance, sturdy design, and stress-free wattage capacity.
Types of Butane Soldering Irons
There’s a variety of soldering irons to consider. Popular options include a simple iron, soldering station, soldering gun, soldering tweezers, and soldering torch.
When searching for the most convenient tool, don’t look further than a simple iron. It is the perfect material for most basic electronic repair tasks. Is the temperature control adjustable? Of course, it is, and a careful market research can come into play.
A soldering station, on the other hand, is equipped with a soldering head, temperature control circuitry, and electrical power supply. The head is available with a temperature sensor. The stations are packed with stands to hold/store the iron. What else? It also consists of a wet sponge for cleaning purposes.
Soldering guns are called as cordless hand drills. Made with a looped wire tip, it does not require holsters and other tools. Who is it for? It is a perfect option to DIY enthusiasts.
Soldering tweezers are designed with two electronic terminals. They work with diodes, batteries, capacitors, and resistors. They are available with heated tips that require a manual control and a gentle squeeze can play a critical role.
Soldering torch, on the contrary, runs on a propane fuel. Used to deliver heat, soldering torches are the jewelers’ kit, especially in melting metals. Experts recommend them for experienced users for safety purposes.
What’s the price range you can afford? Do you prefer a more innovative and durable brand? What’s the flame control you like? Do your options receive positive customer reviews? Whatever the case may be, a quality and worthwhile investment await. so, don’t take shortcuts. It’s best to take your time. Plus, don’t be in a hurry as the selection of quality butane soldering iron does not happen overnight.
Butane Soldering Irons FAQ
(Q) What is a Butane Soldering Iron?
(A) A butane soldering iron is a multi-purpose tool used across fields to melt the solder (a malleable metal alloy). Similar to other kits, a butane soldering iron consists of a heated metal tip. Before, it composed of a copper bit. But things have changed today. In fact, it comes in different materials to meet clients’ unique needs and requirements.
Butane soldering irons are used for any industrial application/welding work. These include the following:
- Installation – Setting up an appliance or equipment? Then, a butane soldering iron is necessary.
- Repairs – Does a device malfunction? A soldering tool can handle repairs of all sizes.
- Electronics assembly – Assembling electronics can be a tedious job. Don’t worry! It has never been easier with the right soldering iron.
- Sheet metal soldering – What’s the most important tool to use when soldering a sheet metal? It’s perhaps a butane soldering iron.
- Pyrography – You’re probably fond of decorating wood with burn marks. Then, a soldering iron is a must.
- Plastic welding – A butane soldering iron can also handle plastic welding and other related tasks.
(Q) Why Choose a Butane Soldering Iron Over the Competition?
(A) It is imperative to use an array of soldering irons for different projects. A multi-purpose butane-fueled technology, however, is ideal for tasks that require more control and precision. What are the other reasons why you should add the product to the cart? Read on for more information!
- Accessibility – Soldering irons with a cord can be a headache because they can’t reach difficult/inaccessible areas. Another hassle happens when there’s no electricity available. Cordless butane-powered equipment, however, can boost your comfort.
- Portability – The years of bulky soldering irons are finally over. Lighter or portable options are now accessible online and offline.
- Efficiency – Most electric soldering irons require extra effort and time to warm up. Butane soldering irons are always on the go. this allows contractors and other professionals to get their job done according to schedule.
- Flexibility – Gas-powered kits include a set of sturdy tips so that welders can perform an array of jobs with ease. Complete kits also include a hot blower for shrink tubing, a high temperature tip for melting metal parts, a heated knife for sealing plastics, and a soldering tip for repairs.
(Q) How to Pick the Right Tip?
(A) Soldering tips come in various sizes and shapes. To choose the right option, make sure it’s compatible with your iron. Then, determine the style of tip you prefer. What else? Select the correct size. The equipment with a smaller size should not be ignored. You can also ask a friend for some referrals to save your time, reduce efforts, and acquire a good investment.
(Q) How to Clean your Tips?
(A) Quality soldering tips ensure a versatile performance. Over time, they malfunction, and proper upkeep can play a significant role. Yes, maintaining the tips can be a simple task. But it is easier said than done. How to get started? Use a clean cloth to get rid of grease, oxidation, corrosion, and other contaminants. Make sure to apply enough amount of alcohol to remove these elements.
To clean the tips, a stainless steel or brass wool can help. Stainless steel wool is harder and has a longer life, while the brass one is less abrasive and softer.
Another popular choice is a ball of metal wool. Similar to brass and stainless steel, a metal wood removes any contaminants. You just have to dab the tips into the wool. When there are tough residues, hold the iron firmly. When rubbing the tips against the wool, apply more pressure. Don’t forget to vary the strokes.
After a few minutes of upkeep, wet the tip with fresh solder to avoid oxidation and other potential issues.
(Q) How to Replace Battery?
(A) Need a replacement for a battery-operated soldering iron? A DIY replacement is a good idea. To do the process, follow these simple steps:
- Pull out the screws from the case. Be sure to disassemble the cover properly.
- Remove the switch contact screw. Then, lift tip holder assembly and switch spring up. After that, remove the unit.
- Remove the screws at the end of the battery pack.
- Install the new and quality battery. Use the safest and the best option for your peace of mind.
- When the tip assembly and switch spring are not in perfect condition, a replacement is perfect.
- Replace the cover and switch the contact screw.
- Charge the soldering iron for a few hours.
(Q) to Buy Affordable Soldering Irons?
(A) There are reliable places to purchase butane soldering iron. Aside from the official manufacturer of your chosen tool, Amazon and eBay are the trusted eCommerce sites you can count on.
People who are in the market for an all-inclusive portable soldering iron that gives the same versatility as a traditional soldering station should set their sights on the Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron as it has plenty of benefits and very few disadvantages, especially when compared to other irons on the market.The main selling point of this iron is that it offers multiple accessories that will prove to be useful on a regular basis as well as a carrying case, which makes it easy to store all of the accessories in one place. Whereas other soldering irons may offer half of any accessories that you’ll need to use on every project.
You’ll also love how fuel-efficient it is, helping you to save time on having to refill it halfway through your project, which also helps lower the amount of money you have to spend on butane, even if you use the soldering iron every day.Above all else, the Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron has a safety switch that helps make using the unit in an open area safer, especially if you have pets and children in your house. Although it’s a little too easy to engage the safety lock while holding the soldering iron, it’s better to have a lock that works rather than none at all.The everyday handyperson isn’t going to find a better soldering iron for such an agreeable price point that comes with all of the high-quality premium accessories that the Dremel 2000-01 Soldering Iron has to offer, which surely makes it the best portable tool to have in your kit for regular use.